– «Kanapa» – a restaurant-salon of new Ukrainian cuisine of European quality, located on Andriivsky Descent. It was opened by the famous restaurateur Dmytro Borysov and musician Oleg Skrypka. The menu includes dishes prepared according to pre-revolutionary recipes. There are also modern interpretations of popular recipes based on molecular kitchen technologies. The institution itself is located in a wooden building of the XIX century with a facade decorated with carvings. The interior of the restaurant is decorated in a bourgeois style – wooden tables, red leather sofas, antique furniture, on the walls – paintings of Ukrainian artists. In the evenings live avant-garde music plays. There is a summer terrace with panoramic windows, from where opens a beautiful view of Podil.
Address: Andriivsky Descent, 19-a
Work time: Mon – Thu from 11:00 to 23:00, Fri – Sun from 11:00 to 00:00.
Average check: 500-800 UAH per person.
– «Terrace» – a restaurant located on the roof of the boutique hotel “Vozdvyzhensky”. The highlight of the restaurant is the panoramic terrace overlooking the Podil and the terrace garden. Gastronomic menu of the restaurant offers to taste delicious dishes of European and Ukrainian cuisine made from Ukrainian farm products. The dishes cooked on the eco-grill “Molteni”, the only pottery in the capital, are very popular. In the restaurant you can hold both solemn events, business meetings and romantic evenings.
Address: Vozdvyzhenska Str., 60-a
Work time: Mon – Sun from 11:00 to 23:00.
Average check: 500-700 UAH per person.
– «Lviv Handmade Chocolate» – a confectionery and coffee shop of the Lviv chocolate factory network, located at the corner of Pokrovska Street and Andriivsky Descent. This place is a real paradise for sweet tooth. Here is an incredible amount of different desserts. Fans of chocolate are offered to taste hot milk chocolate with candied fruits. Visitors of the confectionery can buy chocolate in the shop in the form of figurines, as well as sweets made by pastry cooks. In addition to sweets, the menu has all sorts of coffee drinks.
Address: Andriivsky Descent, 2-b
Work time: Mon – Sun from 10:00 to 22:00.
Average check: 200-300 UAH per person.
– «Za dvoma zajcyami» – a restaurant of Kyiv cuisine, located on Andriivsky Descent, 34. The kitchen is a mixture of traditional dishes of Ukrainian, Jewish and Moldovan cuisines. Here you can taste stuffed with pike perch pike, vorschmak and traditional herring under fur coat. “Za dvoma zajcyami” (“Chasing two hares”) is popular due to its interior. This is one of the few themed restaurants, which acquaints Kyivites and visitors with the pre-revolutionary Kyiv. Among the visitors of the restaurant are not only tourists, but also cultural figures, show business stars and politicians. In the evenings you can listen to the pianist virtuoso, and on the weekend – a retro ensemble.
Address: Andriivsky Descent, 34
Work time: Mon – Sun from 10:00 to 23:00.
Average check: 600-800 UAH per person.
– «DRUZI Cafe & Bar» – the first social cafe in Kyiv, located at the “DREAM House Hostel” on the Andriivsky Descent, 2-d. A modern cosy interior in warm colours, light wood furniture, textured brick walls, fresh flowers and decor from household items, there are board games. Menu cafe – burgers, pizza, sandwiches, hot dishes. Prices are quite democratic. In the mornings “Druzi cafe” serves breakfast, and if you desire, you can take prepared meals with you.
Address: Andriivsky Descent, 2-d
Work time: Mon – Sun from 09:00 to 22:00.
Average check: 300-400 UAH per person.