– «Tsarske Selo» – the first restaurant in Kyiv with national cuisine, which was opened for guests since 1998. It is located in a historic building where the former powder cellar of the Pechersk Fortress was formerly located. It is one of the best restaurants in the capital. The interior and exterior of the restaurant will take guests to the Ukrainian village of the XVIII century. The dishes here are prepared according to ancient recipes, preserving their historical names. The most popular dishes include borsch with pampushkas and varenyky with cherries. In the evenings, live folk music plays in the restaurant. “Tsarske Selo” is a favourite place for foreign tourists.
Address: Lavrska str., 22. The restaurant is located near the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra.
Contacts: +38(044)288-97-75, +38(095)434-11-22
Work time: Mon – Sun from 11:00 to 23:00
Average check: 700-1000 UAH per person.
– «BAO» – the first restaurant in Ukraine of modern Chinese cuisine, created by the chef and businessman Ector Jimenez-Bravo. The menu is full of delights and delicacies, recipes for which were collected throughout Asia. Unconventional dishes with an unusual taste and amazing serving will please any gourmet. As for the interior of the restaurant, the main element of the decor was the installation “Dragon Skin”, which is placed on the ceiling. Under the installation right in the middle of the restaurant places “the longest table in Eastern Europe” for 44 guests. In the evening, the restaurant fills to capacity and turns into the pre-party zone with author’s cocktails and rousing DJ sets.
Address: Mechnikov str., 14/1
Work time: Mon – Thu, Sun from 12:00 to 24:00, Fri, Sat from 12:00 to 02:00
Average check: 600-900 UAH per person.
– «Barvy» – is a restaurant and art space, recently opened opposite the business centre “Parus”. The concept of the premises is not only to feed tasty, but to accustom visitors to the Ukrainian modern culture. Thus here you can see on the walls works of the contemporary Ukrainian artists, visit a movie show or a poetic evening. The interior of the room is designed in soft light colours, the decor elements are light wood. The menu of the restaurant represents Ukrainian traditional cuisine, recipes of which are collected from different regions of Ukraine, but with an amendment on the present. The firm dish is varenyky, coloured with beets, pumpkin or pike in the filling. The cocktail card is divided into “barvysti” (Eng. colourful) cocktails, “Imaginarium” cocktails and “alcoholic desserts”.
Address: Mechnikov str., 3
Work time: Mon from 12:00 to 23:00, Tue – Thu, Sun from 10:00 to 23:00, Fri, Sat from 10:00 to 24:00
Average check: 500-800 UAH per person.
– «Bigoli» – is a restaurant of home Italian cuisine on the Klovsky Descent. The main menu is the freshest pasta prepared by the chefs from the Italian flour. Popular dishes are spaghetti bolognese, papardella with seafood, ravioli with rabbit, risotto with porcini mushrooms, Neapolitan pizza and strawberry panna cotta with strawberry jam, cooked according to home-made Italian recipes. The restaurant feature is a mozzarella bar and a gastronomic shop where you can buy dried tomatoes, olives, cheeses and sausages from Italy. The restaurant has two spacious halls. There is a summer terrace. The interior of the restaurant is decorated in a classic style – fresh flowers and translucent buffets with dishes, there is also a collection of rare pasta machines.
Address: Klovsky Descent, 7-a
Work time: Mon – Sun from 08:00 to 24:00
Average check: 500-800 UAH per person.
– «Sauvage» – the only restaurant in the style of the Alpine chalet, located at Pechersk. The restaurant is a three-storeyed mansion with its own terrace. The rich interior creates an atmosphere of luxury and status – leather furniture, wood trim, decor of hunting items. Halls are designed for large and small companies – there is a place for business negotiations, and for a family dinner, as well as for a children’s holiday or a closed event. There is a karaoke hall where karaoke parties are held on weekends. Menu consists fully of author’s cuisine. The restaurant has its own confectionery, where cakes, muffins, marmalade and chocolate sweets are made.
Address: General Almazov str., 12-b
Work time: Mon – Fri from 09:30 to 24:00, Sat from 12:00 to 06:00, Sun from 12:00 to 24:00
Average check: 700-900 UAH per person.