POETS AND WRITERS
— The Memorial board to Taras Shevchenko – is installed on the facade of the Church of the Nativity of Christ (Sahaydachnogo str., 2). The commemorative board says that on May 18 – 19, 1861, a farewell to the ashes of the poet took place in the church, and later were transported from St. Petersburg to Kaniv. A requiem was held in the church, after which Shevchenko’s ashes were transported to Kaniv and buried on the Chernecha (Tarasova) mountain. Citizens often call this church the Shevchenko Church.
— The Memorial board to Lesya Ukrainka – was installed on the facade of the house-museum on Saksaganskogo, 97 street, where the famous Ukrainian poetess lived with her family at various times throughout 1899 – 1910. A memorial board with a bust of the poetess was opened in 1971 (by sculptor G. Kalchenko).
— The Memorial board to Sholem Aleichem – was installed on Saksaganskogo, 27 street on the facade of the building, where in 1903-1905 a world-famous writer lived and worked in apartment number 4 on the second floor. The commemorative board is a canvas with engraved heroes of the writer’s stories, with a high relief portrait of Sholom Aleichem in the center.
— The Memorial board to Mikhail Bulgakov – was opened in 2017 and located on the building of the Department of the Institute of Philology of the Kyiv National University named after T. Shevchenko on the Shevchenko, 14 Boulevard (by sculptor V. Markush). Here, in the former First Kyiv Gymnasium, a future world renown writer studied at some point. The relief profile of Bulgakov is presented on the commemorative sign with the inscription. Also, the writer has a memorial board on the facade of the house-museum, where Bulgakov lived (Andriivsky Descent, 13).
— The Memorial board to Victor Nekrasov – was opened in 1990 on the Khreshchatyk, 15 (Passage) street and is located on the facade of the building, where a famous Kiev writer lived and worked in apartment number 10 between 1950 and 1974 (by sculptor V. Seliber). Apensive image of Nekrasov with a cigarette in his hand is engraved on the bronze commemorative board.
— The Memorial board to Jaroslav Hašek – was opened in 1970 on the Volodymyrska, 36 street and is located on the facade of the building (the former hotel “Prague”), where in 1916 – 1918 a well-known Czech humorist-writer, author of the novel “The Adventures of the Brave Soldier Schweik” lived and worked (by sculptor M. Dekermendzhi). The memorial board is made ofmarble and depicts bas-relief portrait of the writer with an engraved figure of the protagonist of his novel in the background.
PAINTERS, SCULPTORS, ARCHITECTS
— The Memorial board to Mikhail Vrubel – was installed on the facade of the building on the Desiatynna, 14, street where an outstanding Russian artist lived during 1884 – 1889 (by sculptor I. Kavaleridze). The memorial board is made of granite and was placed in 1962 to represent a bas-relief portrait of Vrubel with the inscription.
—The Memorial board to Ivan Kavaleridze – is installed on the facade of the building at Velyka Vasilkivska 16 street, where in 1954 – 1978 a Ukrainian sculptor, film director and theatrical figure lived (by sculptor L. Kuliabko-Koretska). The commemorative sign was introduced in 1987. The granite board depicts Kavaleridze’s profile and the monument to Artem (one of the most famous works of the artist).
— The Memorial board to Alexandr Bogomazov – was opened in 2002 and is installed on the facade of building No. 18 on the Voznesenskyi descent, where an outstanding Ukrainian avant-garde artist lived and worked in 1914 -1930 (by sculptor B.Dovgan). The memorial board is the artist’s bronze portrait on the granite canvas with the inscription.
— The Memorial board to Vincent Beretti – is installed on the facade of the Kyiv National University named after Shevchenko in honor of the outstanding architect who built the Red Complex. It was placed in 2009. The bas-relief portrait of Beretti is done on canvas made of bronze.
— The Memorial board to Pavel Alyoshin – is installed on the Velyka Zhitomyrska, 17 street where a famous Kiev architect lived in 1930-1961. It was placed in 1982 (sculptor – V. Klokov) and is presented in the form of a bronze bust of the architect on a pedestal with the inscription.
— The Memorial board to Vladimir Zabolotny – was opened in 1993 and is installed on the Volodymyrska, 22 street where a famous Ukrainian architect and founder of the Kyiv Academy of Architecture lived in 1945-1962. A commemorative sign made of white marble is presented in the form of a bas-relief side-face portrait of the architect with the inscription decorated with bronze letters (sculptor M. Shutilov).
ARTISTS OF THEATER AND CINEMA
— The Memorial board to Nikolay Lysenko – was installed on the building of the former institute of noble maidens (today it’s the International Center for Culture and Arts) in honor of the great Ukrainian composer and public figure. Here the composer taught in 1890-1904. A granite slab was installed in 1979 (sculptor N. Krasotin). There is also a memorial sign on the facade of the mansion, where in 1888 – 1894 Lysenko lived with his family and where in 1891 he met with P. Tchaikovsky (Reitarska Street, 19-b).
— The Memorial board to Alexandr Vertinsky – is installed on the building of Volodymyrska str. 43, where the world-famous artist of the first half of the 20th century was born. It was placed in 1995. The bas-relief profile of Vertinsky is made of bronze (sculptor – N. Rapay).
— The Memorial board to Sergei Parajanov – is installed on the Victory Avenue on the facade of house No. 1, where an outstanding world-renowned film director lived in 1962-1974. It was established in 1992 (sculptor – N. Rapay). A memorial sign is a granite board with the inscription and is a bas-relief portrait of Parajanov in the center.
— The Memorial board to Vladimir Horowitz – is installed on the facade of the building at M. Kotsiubynsky, 12 street where a famous pianist of the XX century lived in 1903-1904. The bas-relief portrait is made of bronze.
— The Memorial board to Serge Lifar – was installed on the building of the former 8th Kyiv Gymnasium, where a future choreographer and an outstanding figure of world ballet studied in 1914-1919 (Franco, 5 Square). It was established in 1994 and is made of bronze.
— The Memorial board to Anatoliy Solovianenko – is installed on the facade of the building along the Institutska, 16 street where a great Ukrainian tenor lived between 1979 and 1999. The bronze memorial board in the form of the opera singer’s bas-relief portrait was opened in 2002.
— The Memorial board to Evgeny Paton – is installed on 9 Kotsiubynskyi street where an outstanding engineer, scientist and public figure lived in 1938-1953. The bas-relief portrait of a scientist is made of bronze and was opened in 1984 (sculptor – E. Kuntsevych).
— The Memorial board to Vikentiy Khvoyka – is installed on 9 Igorevska street where a well-known Czech archaeologist, who discovered the Trypillian culture in Ukraine lived and worked in 1898 – 1914. The memorial sign in the form of a granite board with an inscription was opened in 1967 (architect – M. Govdenko).
— The Memorial board to Nikolai Amosov – is located on 42 Bogdan Khmelnitskyi street, where an outstanding surgeon and scientist in the field of cardiology lived in 1971-2002. The bronze bas-relief portrait of the surgeon was installed in 2003 (sculptor – G. Khusid).
— The Memorial board to Oleg Antonov – is installed on 1 Ogarev street, on the facade of the building, where a famous aircraft designer lived and worked in 1957 – 1984. The memorial contains the bas-relief portrait of Antonov on the background of the plane flying in the sky.