1. “Docker’s ABC” – an art pub, one of the most popular pubs among Kyivans and tourists, where every night the best rock bands perform on the stage (Khreshchatyk Str, 15\4). Here there were such bands as Nazareth, Animals, Supemax, Secret Service, Red Cardell, Red Elvises, Gorky Park, etc. The interior of the establishment corresponds to the present Irish pub. The menu presents a wide variety of dishes of European cuisine in the author’s adaptation. The bar card will pleasant you, in which presents a variety of beers, drinks, cocktails. The European menu, a wide selection of drinks, hookah, dancing at the bar and live music make the evening incendiary. There is a pub in the heart of Kyiv, in the Passage. Average bill: 500-800 UAH per person.
2. “O’Brien’s” – an Irish pub, where a pint of Guinness is poured according to international requirements (Mykhailivska Str, 17-а). In 2014, the pub was officially accredited by Guinness and was awarded a special sign “Quality Approved”. Located in the heart of Kyiv, in an old building at Mykhailivska Street. Thanks to the authentic atmosphere of the pub, the variety of draft beer and live music, this place has become the favourite for tourists from all over the world. It’s never boring – you can play billiards, watch football matches or just sit with a glass of beer. In the evenings, rock’n’roll, jazz and blues are played by Ukrainian bands. There is a souvenir shop. Average bill: 600-800 UAH per person.
3. “Chateau Robert Doms” – the first restaurant-brewery in Ukraine and located in the heart of the capital, on its main street – Khreshchatyk, 24. Here you can taste “live” beer according to the own technologies of “Chateau Slavutych”. There are 4 types of beer, each of them has been awarded numerous awards at international competitions. The menu of the restaurant includes Ukrainian and European cuisine. The interior of the institution resembles a brewery, dipping visitors into the atmosphere of a German brewery. On weekends live music is played. Also here are broadcast live sports events. One of the few places that works round the clock. Average bill: 400-800 UAH per person.
4. “Naturlich” – a beer club, located in the centre of Kyiv (Bohdan Khmelnitsky Str, 3-а). It is in “Naturlich” is the widest choice of draft beer (some varieties are presented exclusively). The beer card is so diverse that everyone will find a beer for themselves according to their taste. The institution offers more than 40 varieties from different countries of the world. The main dishes are assorted from German grilled sausages and beer snacks. The pub is very popular, so it’s better to book a table if you want to relax in this place. In summer, the summer playground is open. Average bill: 500-800 UAH per person.
5. “Golden Gate” – the irish pub of the “World Card” network, located next to one of the main sights of the capital – the Golden Gate (Zolotovoritska Str, 15). The menu includes dishes of Irish cuisine and about 20 sorts of beer. This institution with a special atmosphere was loved not only by the citizens, but also by foreign tourists. The cosy and intimate atmosphere has a pleasant and long pastime. Every Friday and Saturday in the pub perform popular metropolitan cover bands. There are broadcasts of football matches. Average bill: 400-700 UAH per person.
6. “Samogon Bar” – one of the popular pubs located at Pechersk (Lesya Ukrainka Str, 34-а). Eclectic interior, authentic recipes of dishes of Ukrainian cuisine, strong moonshine and homemade liqueurs, a variety of snacks for beer – all this gives the place a sincere atmosphere. From the craft beer you can try “Red El” (with four kinds of malt and hops “Cascade”) and “Dark El” (with five kinds of malt and two kinds of hops). The motto of the pub is “there is no worse law than banning moonshine!” Here you can see a real moonshine still and taste 20 kinds of moonshine! We can fail to note the presence in the menu of dishes prepared “purely in Odessa” – this forshmak, fried bullheads, anchovies, and caviar from the “blue”. The interior decor is decorated with provocative quotes on the walls, a gramophone, there is a library. The “Samogon Bar” always has a friendly atmosphere. Average bill: 600-800 UAH per person.
7. “THIS IS PIVBAR” – the pub with a large selection of draft and bottled beer, located in the centre of the capital, at the Besseyna Str, 15. Combining the traditions of different cultures of the world, the institution offers beer lovers to taste not only Ukrainian varieties, but also the beers’ varieties of Germany, Belgium, Italy, France, the Czech Republic. For those who could not decide which beers to choose, the pub offers tasting sets for 4 types of beer. And the beer guides will tell you which beer is suitable for this or that dish. From Thursday to Saturday in the evening at the pub you can hear performances of musical groups. “THIS IS PIVBAR” is the meeting place of beer gourmets and world beer traditions. Average bill: 400-700 UAH per person.
8. “Antwerpen” – a cosy place in the centre of the capital, hidden from the city noise in one of the courtyards at the Pushkinska Str, 38. This two-storeyed museum-restaurant will take you to the times of old Europe and offer you to taste 15 varieties of Belgian beer. Belgian and European cuisine is represented. Specialty dishes are the ribs “Antwerp”. The main feature of the institution is a collection of antiquarian works of art, painting, sculptures from bronze of Flemish, French and German masters. Sincere romantic place will not leave you indifferent. Average bill: 400-700 UAH per person.
9. “Pilsner Bar” – the pub at the Pushkinska Street, 20 created by all the canons of the brand beer factory Pilsner Urquell. The main pride of the pub – Czech beer Pilsner, Velkopopovický Kozel, Řezané pivo (mix of light and dark varieties), there are tasting sets. The interior revises the design of any Pilsner bar located in New York or Prague. Beer is supplied from the Czech Republic. Also, the beer of the Transcarpathian brewery “Tsypa” is represented here. The kitchen is a traditional homemade Czech dishes. Tasting of craft beer is conducted. Average bill: 400-700 UAH per person.
10. “REBER BAR” – a new bar-restaurant specializing in Ukrainian varieties of craft beer and cooking ribs (Velyka Vasilkivska Street, 13\1). Average bill: 400-600 UAH per person.