1. Aquapark – a favourite kind of entertainment not only for children, but also for adults. In Kyiv there is one aquapark, which is located in the “Dream Town” mall – “Jurassic Aquapark “DREAM ISLAND”. This is one of the largest indoor aquaparks in Ukraine with an area of 20 thousand square meters. The complex includes swimming pools, water slides, attractions, baths and saunas. On the territory there is a bar and a restaurant. The capacity of the aquapark is up to 3500 visitors. The advantages of the aquapark are location, beautiful decoration, a wide variety of attractions and slides. Also, in the outskirts of Kyiv, in the city of Brovary there is a aquapark “Terminal”. The aquapark with a capacity of up to 1300 people occupies an area of 20.5 thousand square meters and is located in the shopping mall “Terminal”. At one time it was the first aquapark in Kyiv and the Kyiv region. Slides here are more extreme and long. So, if you want adrenaline, choose “Terminal”.
2. Bowling – one of the types of family pastime and entertainment for large companies. Bowling is so popular that the presence of bowling clubs in Kyiv is just huge. We will name the best according to the reviews of fans of bowling. The bowling club in the Gulliver mall is located in the city centre, there are 16 tracks, there are soft sofas, a bar-restaurant is open. A bowling club in the “Dream Town” mall is located at Obolon, there are 16 tracks designed for 96 players, there is a bar. The bowling club in the “Blockbuster” mall – is at Petrivka, there are 14 tracks, on Mondays there are amateur competitions. Bowling club “Jumbo” – is located on Petrivka, there are 30 tracks equipped with the latest technology Brunswick. Bowling club in the “Cosmopolitan” mall – is located at Shulyavka, has 24 tracks Qubica AMF and 24 fastest pinspotter (the machine that sets pins). The choice is yours!)
3. A party “on wheels” – an entertainment for those who want to have a great time in the company of friends. In Kyiv, you will be offered a ride in a limousine, a retro car, a cabriolet or a party bus. The latter is most popular for various parties – hen parties and stag parties, weddings, corporate parties and birthdays. Party-bus is a night club “on wheels”. There is everything – a bar, karaoke, a dance floor, laser show, dj-accompaniment and much more. Today in Kyiv there are many companies for renting party-buses, such as Party Bus Kyiv, Avtolimo, CENTRUS, etc. Each of them organizes any party program according to your tastes and desires.
4. Water walks – the most popular pastime of the citizens in the summer. Due to its location, Kyiv offers a variety of water walks – on a motor ship, yacht, speedboat, river tram, boat and catamaran. From the river station (Poshtova Square) you can make a sightseeing tour or a guided tour (Kyiv reservoir, Kaniv) walk on the motor ship. In the evening, motor ships cruise along the embankment, arranging discos on board. Walking on a yacht is a romantic holiday, which will make an unforgettable impression. You can rent a yacht in the company “Rentflot”, yacht club “Azimut” or “Yacht Travel”. All of them will offer vessels of different taste and budget – sailing and motor yachts, boats, motor ships, yachts for VIP-leisure. In addition, there is an opportunity to ride a unique vessel with underwater wings, developed in the Soviet years. This high-speed boat “Polissia-1”, thanks to its design, speeds up to 70 km/h. A miracle boat departs from the quay of the Kyiv riverport. In Kiev you can also do various kinds of water sports – windsurfing, kitesurfing, skimboarding, water skiing, etc. Today wakeboarding is popular – a mix of water skiing, snowboarding and surfing. The main wakeboard-bases – the park “Druzhby narodiv”, Trukhaniv Island (Parkova road, 6). Kayaking – relatively recent sport, is a rafting on the river on a single vessel. Kayak rental – the park “Druzhby narodiv”, Hydropark, Obolonska embankment.
5. Diggery – an extreme hobby, especially popular with young people. It is a study of underground structures – cellars, mines, tunnels, metro stations, communications, etc. Diggery as a trend appeared in Kyiv back in Soviet times. Today in Ukraine diggery is not prohibited by law. So, in Kyiv there are societies of diggers and interdigger formations. Top diggers’ routes – it is an underground river Klov, water station Stolnya-1 and drainage-gallery system Nikolska. The Klov River flows under Khreshchatyk, Maidan and the European Square, is considered the most spectacular of underground rivers. The main line with arched hand-laid (height – 5 m, width – 10 m) has sections of red brick with the age of more than 200 years, on which the prints with the royal arms and years of construction were preserved. Stolnya-1 – experimental communication, built in the 1970s as a reserve water supply, lies 90 m below the ground. There are no deeper places in Kyiv (the whole water pipe runs at a depth of 3-4 m). Now the gallery is conserved, there is no water in it. The Nikolska system – the communication is on the Dnipro slopes along the Dnipro embankment highway. Safe and uncomplicated, but at the same time beautiful cave with stalactites, bats, underground waterfalls and lakes. The place will be cognitive for anyone who is only distantly familiar with extreme and dungeons. If you decide on a route, then you will be sure to take a guide, for example, in the ACIS (Anthropogenic Cave Research System) – an informal organization of explorers of the dungeon.
6. Carting – entertainment for fans of speed and for those who want to feel the dose of adrenaline. Nowadays in Kyiv there are many carting-centres, where you can relieve your heart, accelerating to the limit. Let’s name the most popular centres among the people of Kyiv. Carting club in the “Blockbuster” mall – located at Petrivka, has two cart-droms, because here you can ride both in winter and summer. The area of the summer playground is 5,500 sq. km, the length of the race track is 650 meters. CartMania in the “Ocean Plaza” is equipped with modern machines with powerful engines, the check-in time reaches up to 10 minutes. Forza karting is a carting centre with a track of several levels, an area of 3000 m2 and a length of up to 500 m. At the centre there is a school where they conduct training for beginners.
7. Quests – a kind of entertainment, gaining great popularity recently. That’s why in Kyiv there are numerous quest projects. Let’s note the popular locations. “KADROOM” is a quest-ground and a workshop, it is located in the centre of the capital, the mechanisms for quests are developed from scratch by its own workshop, according to reviews, the best and most realistic movie quests are created here. Quest Factory is a horror show with quest elements, in particular, a mystical performance on a moored 400-m2 game location. Questium is one of the popular quest projects, quest rooms with interesting scenarios, various riddles and a steep entourage.
8. Paintball – extreme entertainment for the company. Since 1994, paintball in Ukraine has been recognized as a sport. In Kyiv, you can find enough locations for paintball. Residents of the capital choose the following clubs. “Cheetah” – the largest paintball club in Ukraine and one of the largest in Europe, developed infrastructure, 9 playgrounds in the open territory and a covered room for extreme games. “Ganz” – is located on the territory of the National Complex “Expocenter of Ukraine”, 3 playgrounds and 6 game scenarios, there is a laser tag. “Bears” – offers 4 own game zones and interesting game scenarios, there is a laser tag and a quest room “Atomic Bunker”.
9. Piloting – an expensive, but the most vivid and emotional kind of entertainment. In Kyiv and its environs, there are many opportunities to fly on an airplane, helicopter, balloon, paraglider, etc. “To the Heaven” – a flight agency with an extensive air base, organizes familiarization flights on an airplane, balloon, trike, paratrack and glider. “Seagull” – an airfield, an aeroclub and a zone for large-scale events, offers introductory flights with aerobatics elements on sports trainers, there is a dropship for parachute jumps. Aeroprakt, a club established back in 1986, is located on the territory of the Nalyivaykivka airfield in the Kyiv region. It conducts training and experimental flights on Aeroprakt-20, Aeroprakt-22, hang-gliders, trikes and etc. (today there are a dozen aircraft in the flying club).
10. Fishing – one of the entertainment for men. The advantage of the fact that Kyiv is located on the river, gives fishermen a wide choice of places for fishing – Trukhanov Island, Rusanivka, Obolon, numerous bays of the Dnipro. There are stocked places in Kyiv and its environs. So, in the Holosiivskyi district in the centre “White stones” they catch silver carp, carp, perch and pike. The area of the reservoir is about 2 hectares. Depth is from 1.5 m to 3 m. The base “Cherry” – located in 14 km from Kyiv downstream of the Dnipro. Here are found crucian, carp and silver carp. They offer a rent of boats and motor boas, there is a cafe, a sauna and cabins with comfortable rooms. Ponds «Sturgeon» fishing»- here you can fish all year round, even during spawning. In these places is caught bester, sterlet, Lensky and Russian sturgeon, oarlocks and rainbow trout.