Price to join a grope (only in Russian): 250 UAH (adult), 150 UAH (children from 7 to 14 years), 100 UAH (children from 4 to 6 years).
Individual price (for groupe till 4 people): in English – 1600 UAH, German – 1600 UAH, Italian – 1700 UAH, Spanish – 1700 UAH, Polish – 2000 UAH, Franch – 2000 UAH, Turkish – 2300 UAH, Jewish – 2300 UAH.
The next person + 250 UAH.
Duration: 2-2.5 hours.
Time: daily at 10:00, 14:00 and 17:00 (group tours). Individual excursion in any time from 10:00 till 17:00.
To order by phone: +380964425437 (Viber, WhatsApp)
The underground passage of the Vorontsov Palace. Quite recently, an underground passage was discovered under the Vorontsov Palace. It is located in the area of the Military gully and originates from a well in the floor of the palace basement (Vorontsovsky lane, 2). The length of the dungeon is 140 m, and its depth reaches up to 7 m. The tunnel used to connect the palace with the stable and the outbuilding. It is believed that the dungeon could be built before the palace, when the estate of Kulykovsky was located in its place (the beginning of the 19th century). There is a speculation that the tunnel has remained since the days of the Turkish fortress (1760s). The underground passage of the Vorontsov Palace is the oldest underground excavation with a preserved primary lining and a natural cave. Today it is an object of cultural heritage of local importance.
Quarantine Beam Quarry – the oldest stone quarry in Odessa (1811-1814), located on the right slope of the Quarantine Beam, is a monument of national importance (Bunin str., 7). The length of the quarry is 120 m, and its depth reaches up to 15 m. Today a new museum “Kantakuzen Catacomb” is open here. The museum’s expositions will tell about the mining and furnace business, about brick production, about the first buildings in Odessa, about the history of the Kantakuzen catacomb. All exhibits are unique. The age of some surviving objects is 200 years.
Quarries of Moldavanka – are spread out in blocks of Razumovska str., Komitetska str., Babel str., Melnytska str. and Balkivska str. They are dated with 1850-1880 and are located at a depth of 25 m. At some point, shells deposits were mined here. In wartime the catacombs served as a bunker and bomb shelter. On this site, there are approximately 30 quarries, which make up a single underground labyrinth. Odessa catacombs make one of the main attractions of the city and a must visit place for all guests of Odessa. Today, one of the sites became the “The Catacombs of Odessa” Museum-Reserve (Balkivska Str., 161). Don’t forget to grab warm clothing and comfortable shoes.
“Secrets of underground Odessa” Museum – is located in the catacombs on Moldavanka (2nd Razumovsky lane, 3-b). These are entire labyrinths of underground passages, which previously served as quarries. Today, the length of the Odessa catacombs is about 3 thousand km. During your visit to the museum, you will learn about the stone quarries from the time of their creation, will hear fascinating stories, ranging from the geological structure of the soils near Odessa and ending with tales about gangster catacombs. Make sure you have warm clothes and sports shoes on. The temperature in the caves is about 14 C.
Catacombs in Nerubayske – are located in the village of Nerubayske (14 km from Odessa). They represent underground passages with a length of up to 3 thousand km and are considered to be the longest artificial underground in the world. Odessa catacombs are the former quarries, which appeared after the mining of shell deposits, used in the XVIII century for construction. At the beginning of the XIX century catacombs were used by smugglers. During the Second World War, partisans used to hide here. Thus, a detachment of partisans of 70 people was walled up inside by Romanian occupiers. After the war, a partisan memorial complex was opened on the territory of the former catacombs. The museum houses wartime items, staff equipment, weapons, documents, etc.