Nativity of Christ Church was built in 1809–1814. The coffin with the body of Taras Shevchenko the famous Ukrainian poet was represented here from May 6 to May 8, 1861 on the way to Kanev, the last resting place. Many people called the church Shevchenko. According to a recording in one of the church documents of the 18th century, the temple was built in 1011 under Vladimir the Grand Duke.
Church of Our Lady Pirogoshi is one of the oldest temples of Kievan Rus. Mentioning about it there is the “Lay of the Host of Igor” (Igor the Prince thanked the Holy Mother of God for his salvation from the Polovtsian captivity in the Church of Our Lady Pirogoshi). It was built near the market in 1132–1136 by Mstislav the Prince (son of Vladimir the Monomakh Prince). It was not determined where this name come from. The church is assumed to be built on the means of merchants engaged in the sale of bread. The letters of Mnogogreshny and Samoilovich the Hetmans of 1670 and 1672 testify to the right of the Assumption Church to collect taxes for the sale of grain in the territory of Kiev. Pirogoscha is known as the Assumption Church in the written sources of the XVI century. The Church of Our Lady Pirogoshi had been serving as a public center until 1935, at which the school, the orphanage, the hospital for the poor and the city archive operated. The temple was destroyed in 1935 and rebuilt in 1998.
Church of The Holy Cross is originally a wooden church on a stone basement with a separate wooden bell tower. It was built in 1748 with the funds of artisans – the residents of the tract of Gonchar and Kozhemyaki. The name of this church is associated with Mikhail Bulgakov, the famous writer, who was baptized here. In 1935 the church was closed. During the German occupation, worship services were resumed, and the church was never closed again and worship services are held until now. The restoration of the upper part of the church was carried out in the 1986–88, as well as the lower one in 1991. This allowed to bring the inner decoration of the church to about the kind that it had before the damage inflicted to it in 1936–1941, when the warehouses were located here.
Frolovsky Convent is one of the oldest monasteries in honor of St. Florus and Laurus, supposedly founded in the beginning of the 16th century. The heyday began in 1711 after Peter the Great closed the Ascension Convent and transferred the inhabitants to the Frolovsky Convent. The numerous monasteries of Voznesensky were submitted to Frolovsky Convent. Then it became one of the richest convent among the poorest ones. There is a well on the territory of the convent, which is considered to be healing by the worshipers. In the Frolovsky Church there is a unique sight: an embroidered icon, as a valuable sample of the Ascension sutures on the territory of the monastery. A picturesque garden is refined on the territory of the convent.
The Wonder-worker (St. Nicholas Pritisk) is an architectural monument, a small church in the style of the Ukrainian Baroque, built in 1695–1707. According to one version, the name of the church is derived from the word “tail” (pier) because it was on the pier, which was called “sticky”. St. Nicholas has always been the patron of saints and merchants. According to another version, the name is connected with the river Glybochitsa, the arm of which passed near the temple, pressing (“squeezing”) from the southern part of the building. Since the days of Kievan Rus there was a wooden church, it was first mentioned in 1612. The church was destroyed by fires several times. In 1935, the church was closed and used the premises for a cotton-spinning factory. In the 1990s the church was reopened.
Saint Elias Cathedral was first mentioned in 1632. It is considered to be the first Orthodox church of Kievan Rus. According to the legend, the temple was built by Askold and Dir the Princes. There is a version that the baptism in 988 occurred near this temple. In 1957, in a church under a layer of the 19th century painting, the fragments of the 18th century paintings were found, which were successfully restored. The remains of the previous painting were preserved only in the altar part of the church.
Church of St. Nicholas Naberezhny. It is known from the XIth century, although the written information about it has not been preserved. 1552 is the first mention of the wooden church of St. Nicholas, representing near the Dnieper (hence the household name – St. Nicholas Naberezhny). The modern building of the church was built in 1772–1775 opposite the place where the wooden church was located. Today the greatest value of the temple is the icon of St. Nicholas of Myra (the first half of the 17th century). The temple in the style of the Ukrainian Baroque has a huge historical and cultural significance, and it has been considered as one of the architectural dominants of Podol for a long time. In 1992, the temple resumed its work.
Church of St. Nicholas on the water or the Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker is the only temple on the water in Ukraine. It was built in 2003–2004 in the style of Ukrainian neo-baroque. In form, the temple on the water remotely resembles a candle of a blossoming chestnut. There is an old icon of St. Nicholas, which is over 200 years old in the church. St. Nicholas the Wonderworker is considered the patron of travelers and sailors, because the church was dedicated to this saint. In addition, in 1900, there was a wooden chapel of St. Nicholas next to this place, where they prayed for the dead sailors and sanctified the waters of the Dnieper on the Feast of Baptism, but it was destroyed by Soviet power in the 1930s. The Church on the water is 23 meters high and with a capacity of no more than 50 people. It is similar not only to a candle, but also to a lighthouse, decorating the embankment. A 15-meter bridge going along from the embankment to the church.